One of the most interesting and fun social media networks available is Snapchat.
Simple rules apply: either upload photographs and videos that expire in 24 hours, or privately email them to a contact, and they will expire after being viewed.
Additionally, the site provides a variety of entertaining filters to spice up your posts, such as floating hearts and dog ears, as well as geotags to mark significant occasions or places you visit.
It’s not surprising that Snapchat has over 190 million daily users worldwide. If you’ve just made a Snapchat account and are wondering how it operates?
What fun activities are available on this well-known social networking platform? In addition to using their Username or Number to search for friends and family members.
Here, we’ll show you how to use Snapchat without a username or phone number to locate someone.
Entering their Snapchat username and adding them to your list is the quickest and easiest way to search and add users.
But what happens if you don’t know your friend’s Snapchat username? I’m wondering what you’ll do.
There are numerous methods you may use to quickly locate someone on Snapchat without their username.
This article aims towards that, and here we enlist tips and tricks to find your friends without a number or username.
1. Use a Snapcode to find a Snapchat user:
If you have their Snapcode, finding friends on Snapchat is a breeze. All you have to do to get started is scan a Snapcode with the Snapchat app.
Simply adhere to the directions shown below to locate buddies using Snapcode:
- Simply ask them for their Snapcode to save them to the Camera Roll and find your Snapchat pals.
- Launch Snapchat on your smartphone, post this, and go to your profile page.
- Here, select Add Friends from the menu.
- Select the browse option from the menu on the Add Friend page, which is located in the far right corner.
- In order to add pals to your Snapchat friends list, select their Snapcode from the camera roll photographs.
2. Find Nearby Snapchat Friends: Without a username or Snapcode, there is still a method to find someone on Snapchat.
Snapchat’s “Find Nearby” function makes it simple to locate nearby Snapchat Friends.
Make sure your friends have the “Find Nearby” option enabled before continuing with the steps.
The actions to add your friends using the Find nearby option are as follows:
- Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
- Select the “Add Nearby” option. As soon as you click on Add Nearby, Snapchat will look for your Snapchat friends.
You can simply add them as per wish.
3. Use Search to Find Snapchat Users:
Searching for someone using their name is another simple method for finding them on Snapchat without knowing their username.
To add Snapchat buddies to your buddy list, just follow the short instructions below.
- Launch Snapchat on your smartphone.
- Click on the option Add by Username.
- Type in your friend’s name in the search box. If Snapchat finds anyone with the same username, you will be represented with a list of them.
- Search for your friend in the suggested list and add them as your friends on Snapchat.
How to find someone on Snapchat?
On your iPhone or Android, there are three simple ways to find individuals on Snapchat.
The following information will help you locate someone on Snapchat:
How to sync your phone’s contacts to Snapchat?
1. On your phone’s home screen, locate and tap the Snapchat icon to open the app.
2. In the top left-hand corner of your screen, tap your profile icon, which may appear as a Bitmoji.
3. Just below your profile information, tap the “Find friends on Snapchat” button, which will lead you to sync your phone’s contacts to the Snapchat app.
4. Next, you’ll be asked to confirm that you want to find your friends by syncing your contacts. Click the blue Continue button to proceed.
5. A pop-up will appear asking for Snapchat to access your contacts. Press “OK” to allow this.
6. Once your contacts are synced, anyone who has a Snapchat account will appear in list form.
To add an account, tap + Add next to their name.
Note that any of your contacts who are not on Snapchat can be invited by tapping the + Invite button next to their name.
How to search for a user by their Snapchat username?
1. Tap the Snapchat icon on your phone’s home screen to launch the app.
2. In the search bar at the top of the screen, type the person’s username you’re trying to locate.
3. Usernames that match your search or are close to it will appear below automatically.
Once you find the person you’re looking for, tap the + Add button next to their name to add that person.
How to read a Snapcode from a user?
Every Snapchat user has a distinct Snapcode, which functions like a QR code in the app and can be scanned to quickly locate and add that individual.
Here’s how to add someone who you’re with or who you have access to their Snapcode.
1. Open Snapchat by tapping the app’s icon on your phone’s home screen.
2. Once in Snapchat, go to camera mode (the screen which displays the camera for you to take photos or videos).
3. Have the user open their Snapchat app and find their Snapcode by tapping on their profile icon in the upper left-hand corner of the app.
The yellow box with the dots and their icon is their Snapcode.
4. Point your camera to the user’s Snapcode and tap and hold the screen for a few seconds before letting go.
The camera should automatically scan the Snapcode and locate their account.
5. Tap Add Friend to add the person to your Snapchat contacts list.
You don’t necessarily have to be with someone to scan their Snapcode, it should be mentioned.
You may also use your phone to find someone’s Snapchat account by taking a screenshot or photo of their Snapcode.
Being blocked is the main cause of not being able to add someone on Snapchat.
If you are certain that you have not been blocked, there is a chance that you are experiencing system difficulties like Snapchat server outages or other glitches.
When you create a new account on Snapchat, your phone contacts are not included immediately.
If you’d like, you can choose to add your contacts, but nothing happens without your permission.
If you enjoyed this article please share this article, it will go a long way for us. Also, subscribe to our newsletter, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google News, and Instagram for more
“Please leave your comments. Let us know what you think, this helps us improve our next article”