What is Cryptopunk? Larva Labs is best known for its viral CryptoPunks NFT project. CryptoPunks were originally given away for free in 2017, but some have subsequently sold for millions of dollars.
Larva Labs is working on a number of additional digital art projects, including Autoglyphs and other Ethereum blockchain-based app development initiatives.
The CryptoPunks NFTs from Larva Labs are sold out, however, they can be bid on and purchased on a variety of third-party marketplaces. Nonetheless, Larva Labs’ numerous initiatives are worth following, particularly the Meebits, which can be purchased directly through the company’s built-in marketplace.
CryptoPunks is a collection of 10,000 digital collectible characters that live on the Ethereum blockchain. CryptoPunks, as one of the first NFT projects, paved the way for subsequent NFT projects such as Bored Apes Yacht Club and Art Blocks.
Who Created CryptoPunk
Matt Hall and John Watkinson, are two Canadian software engineers. The experimental project was influenced by the London punk scenes, the cyberpunk movement, and electronic music artists Daft Punk.
The crypto art blockchain project inspired the ERC-721 standard for NFTs and the present crypto art movement, which has since become a part of the cryptocurrency and decentralized finance ecosystems on various blockchains.
There are 10,000 distinct CryptoPunks (6,039 male and 3,840 female), all of whom have been made digitally rare by the use of blockchain technology. Each one was produced algorithmically by computer code, thus no two characters are precisely the same, with certain qualities being more unusual than others. (via Wikipedia)
How to buy CryptoPunk
- First, make sure you have some fiat money or currency in your crypto exchange account, and then convert it to Ethereum (ETH) or an ERC-20 stablecoin. Stablecoins. Here are some instances of stablecoins: USDT, BUSD, and so forth.
- Once you have your Eth or stablecoins, transfer them to any digital wallet of your choosing.
- Log in to Larva Labs and select your CryptoPunk.
Larva Labs is the principal market for these assets, making it the ideal location to purchase and sell Punks. Go to its website and link your wallet to the marketplace. You may also bid on one by selecting it from the drop-down option in your Account Details section.
How do I get a Punk?
- MetaMask is a Chrome browser plugin that you may download and install. This grants websites (that you have authorized) access to your Ethereum account.
- Purchase some Ether if you have a fresh account. The MetaMask plugin includes a button that allows you to purchase Ether from Coinbase.
- Once you’ve installed the plugin, this website will detect it and add buttons to the interface that allow you to bid on, purchase, and sell punks.