samsung tv software update
A smart TV is only smart if the applications are up to date and perform properly.
These are the essentials of operating your smart TV, along with a good internet connection.
When video streaming providers like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, PLEX, HBO Now, YouTube, Spotify, and others all have apps for Samsung smart TVs, there’s no need for anything else.
Some devices, such as Chromecast with Google TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick 4K, or even a Roku, may pique your interest due to their increased capabilities.
It’s important to know how to update Samsung TV applications and system software because they’re critical to effective functioning. Let’s get started with how to update Samsung TV applications.
Updating Apps on Your Samsung Smart TV
Setting your Samsung smart TV applications to update automatically is the simplest method to keep them up to date.
The Samsung OS, like your phone, computer, or tablet, looks for updates whenever you switch on the TV or at predetermined intervals, depending on the configuration.
You won’t have to worry about keeping them up to date this way. Here’s how to make Samsung TV applications update themselves.
- Step #1: On your TV remote, press the “Smart Hub” or “Home” button—models differ on TV type
- Step #2: From the menu, choose “Apps.”
- Step #3: From the drop-down menu, choose “My Apps,” then “Options”
- Step #4: Turn on “Auto Update.”
The actions above will keep your apps up to date automatically, allowing you to focus on other essential tasks.
The disadvantage of using auto-update is that when you initially switch on your TV, you may experience a little delay in accessing the Smart Hub.
You’ll get a notification that reads something like “Your Smart Hub is presently upgrading and is unavailable” or something similar. After a minute, the message will end.
If you wish to manually update your applications, go to “My Apps” and look at the top menu. A few steps past Options, you should see an update box.
When you do, you’ll see a list of applications that need to be updated. Select one or all of them, and then wait for them to update.
READ MORE ON SAMSUNG
- How To Install Apps On Samsung Galaxy watch In 2021
- How To Find My Stolen Or Lost Samsung Tablet
- How To Find Your Lost Or Stolen Samsung Galaxy Watch
- How To Find Your Lost Or Stolen Samsung Phone In 2021
how to update my Samsung smart tv
Aside from upgrading applications on your Samsung HDTV, the operating system frequently requires an update to fix performance issues and faults, as well as to provide new features.
It’s possible that you’ll need to upgrade the TV to acquire a new version of the Smart Hub and, as a result, new updates to some applications that couldn’t be updated otherwise.
If you’re lucky, you might be able to update your TV through the Settings menu. If not, you’ll need to manually download the most recent Samsung software, save it to a USB stick, and instruct the TV to update.
Updating your Samsung smart Tv over the internet:
- Step #1: Select “Settings” from the menu on your Samsung tv
- Step #2: Select “Software Update” from the “Support” menu
- Step #3: If an update is available, choose “Update Now”
There won’t always be an update to install, and even if there is, the TV won’t discover it. Within the “Software Update” menu, you should also find an auto-update option.
If you want to keep things up to date, you can select this option
How to update Samsung smart tv with USB
it’s not difficult, Check out the steps below;
- Step #1: Go to the Samsung Customer Support website
- Step #2: In the search box, type the model number of your television
- Step #3: Select “Manuals” and save the appropriate file to your computer
- Step #4L Choose your TV model from the drop-down menu
- Step #5: To acquire the most up-to-date software on your device, go to “Downloads”
- Step #6: copy the program on your USB stick
- Step #7: Allow your TV to recognize the USB stick by plugging it in.
- Step #8: From the TV menu, go to “Settings and Support”
- Step #9: Select “Software Update” and then “Update Now” from the drop-down menu
- Step #10: Allow the TV to update by connecting it to the USB disk
Depending on how old your Samsung TV is, updating the software through USB might take a long time.
On the screen, there is a progress meter, however, it occasionally freezes and then goes ahead.
If you see that the progress has come to a standstill, turn off the television for a time before halting the procedure.
Samsung smart TVs have a well-balanced app library, but keep in mind that over time, certain apps will become incompatible with the most recent OS upgrades.
The problem is frequent among companies but not as serious as it is with LG TVs and even more so with their Blu-Ray players.
LG has a reputation for not providing frequent updates, owing to their newer webOS operating system, but much more so for their previous Netcast operating system.
If you need to update the applications on your Samsung HDTV, auto-updating is still the way to go! Not all apps, however, can be updated.
Automatic updates are simply more convenient in general, so you won’t even need to contemplate human intervention.
Samsung tv software update 2022 download
To get the latest software updates for your Samsung device, you can use this link to find out any available software to download.
If you enjoyed this article on Samsung smart tv software update please share this article, it will go a long way for us. Also, subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google News, and Instagram for more
“Please leave your comments. Let’s us know what you think, this helps us improve our next article”
Follow this Samsung smart tv update guide to see whether your older smart tv may be upgraded. Navigate to the Settings menu, pick Support, and then Software Update to begin. When you are finished, click the Update Now button.
Select TV from the Source menu on the remote, which is located in the upper left corner. Continue by returning to the Menu and selecting Support, followed by Software Update.