LG tv software update
Smart TVs, like most smart gadgets, will require frequent upgrades, which is what this guide is about. To update applications on an LG smart TV, the first check for new firmware, since apps that are updated for the new firmware but you don’t have yet may not work properly
How to Update the Firmware LG Smart TV
Apps may need to be updated following a firmware upgrade, just like your phone. What is altered in the firmware has a big impact. LG applications will very certainly need to be updated to remain compatible if the change was major. Because the applications are included within the firmware, it makes sense to update the firmware first and then the apps.
You’ll also need to know whether your TV uses webOS or Netcast. In 2011, Netcast was released, followed by webOS in 2014. Unfortunately, the instructions differ depending on the version of the program you’re using, but we’ll go through both in the sections below:
How to Update LG Smart Tv Firmware
Follow these procedures if your TV supports Netcast:
- Select Settings in the bottom left-hand area of your remote by pressing the home button.
- Scroll down the left menu using the remote and choose the ‘?’ symbol. After that, choose Software Update.
- Check that software updates are enabled, then choose Check Update Version.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to activate it.
How to Update LG Smart Tv webOS
The processes may vary depending on your LG Tv WebOS as previously stated
- On your remote, press the home button and then select the Settings cog in the top right-hand corner.
- All Settings are located in the bottom right corner. Simply press the button.
- On your remote, use the arrow buttons to highlight General on the left-hand side. Then, on the right, select About this TV.
- Select Allow automatic updates from the drop-down menu, then select Check for updates.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
That’s all there is to do an internet-based Firmware update on your LG Smart TV.
How to Update LG Smart Tv Firmware with USB
If that doesn’t work and a newer firmware version is available, you can download it and load it from a USB device.
- Go to the LG customer service website.
- In the Model Number box, type the model number of your television.
- Click Download this File after selecting the firmware version you wish to download.
- Make no modifications to the file and copy it to your USB device.
- Plug the USB drive into your TV and wait for it to recognize it.
- Use the remote to navigate to Setup and Support.
- Choose Install from File and navigate to the USB disk on the TV.
Although reading from the USB will take a few minutes, your TV should install the new firmware, reset a few times, and finally load utilizing the new install.
How to Update Apps on an LG Smart TV
Now that your firmware is up to current, you may upgrade your apps without risk. To do so, you’ll need to download the LG Content Store. If you have a newer smart TV, the applications should automatically update and you won’t have to do anything.
If the applications don’t update, open each one to check for an update notification, which you may or may not receive.
Fortunately, upgrading applications on your LG Smart TV is a rather simple procedure. However, you’ll need a steady internet connection to finish the procedure.
how do I update apps on my LG smart tv
The following steps will show you how to update apps on your LG Smart TV:
- Turn on your Smart TV and press the remote’s home button. Then select LG Content Store from the drop-down menu.
- Select Apps from the drop-down menu. Then choose My Apps.
- Your TV’s applications should now display. If available, click Update next to each one. Alternatively, you may choose All to see all of your applications and then Update All.
The procedure may take a while, but if your applications didn’t update automatically, this is a great solution. Keep in mind that LG Smart TV applications are usually self-sufficient. They are self-updating and will detect a firmware upgrade once the TV has been updated. It’s a simple system that just requires minimum management. When an app refuses to update, all you have to do is uninstall it and reinstall it.
How To Set up automatic updates on LG smart TV
Although some users of LG Smart Tv despise the idea of automatic updates, these are necessary for a seamless, hands-free experience user experience. Keeping automatic updates turned on is usually a smart idea. If they aren’t already switched on, follow this process to turn them on.
- Press the Home button on the remote to turn on your LG Smart Tv
- From the drop-down lists, tap Settings and All Settings.
- From the drop-down lists, tap General and About This TV.
- Select Allow Automatic Updates from the drop-down menu.
- If you haven’t already updated everything using this instruction, you may check for updates while you’re there.
The TV will take care of itself after you’ve set up automatic updates. If you have a wifi connection, the TV will search for firmware and app updates every time you turn it on. There is no longer any need for you to do anything to keep your Smart tv up to date.
How to turn off auto updates on LG Smart TV
• Tap the top-left three-line menu button next to “Play Store” and choose “Settings” from the “General Settings” menu.
• Choose “Don’t automatically update apps.”
If you enjoyed this article on How to update LG smart tv. please share this article, it will go a long way for us. Also, subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google News, and Instagram for more
“Please leave your comments. Let’s us know what you think, this helps us improve our next article”
Personal profiles are now available with the latest update, allowing each individual who watches television to choose their own likes and content suggestions. Changing profiles will be possible either via the TV’s interface or using a feature called “NFC Magic Tap” developed by LG.
With Signagelive for LG webOS, you can always know what version of the operating system you’re running and if you need to upgrade the firmware.