ECG Power App
Before we get to using the ECG Ghana prepaid meter app or power app to make a purchase, let’s look back on some history. Electricity Company of Ghana is a limited liability Company wholly owned by the Government of Ghana and operating under the Ministry of Energy.
ECG was incorporated in 1963 and became a limited company when shares were first sold in the firm in February 1997. However, the company is still owned by the government. (Quoted on ide)
On the 18th of February, 2020, the vice president, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia launched a mobile app that has been designed to facilitate convenience for the customers of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) in terms of bill payments and purchase of electricity credits. The app was dubbed “ECG Power“
ECG Prepaid app
The ECG Power App has been available on the respective Android and iOS stores for some time, albeit in beta testing. The new ECG Power app is more of an official unveiling and now has the ability for users to buy pre-paid credit.
To purchase prepaid credit, customers would need to have specific meters that have the “Smart” Prepaid Feature. Currently, if your meter is still using the NFC card and doesn’t have the Smart feature, you can’t purchase prepaid credit through the app.
The ECG power app has the ability for consumers to check their current consumption on the app. Once a user had added their specific meter, they can get the meter information including power consumption and credit balance.
The app currently supports the purchase of credit via mobile money with MTN, Vodafone, and AirtelTigo as payment options. Currently, the ECG app supports the following meters: Nuri, Holley, Alpha, MBH, CLOU, and all postpaid meters. Users of Smartphones can download the app from Google Play Store or App Store
ECG App for Mobile (ECG Power)
The ECG Mobile APP (ECG Power) is designed to make it easy to pay prepaid and postpaid bills, monitor power use, and receive notifications about any ECG activity.
MTN mobile money, Vodafone Cash, and AirtelTigo Money may all be used to make payments on the app. ECG Mobile App (ECG Power) is a full-featured app that allows you to buy power anywhere, at any time.
Buy ECG prepaid online
You may also examine your power use on a daily and monthly basis using a periodic chart, as well as pay ECG bills and check your ECG account balance, among other things.
How to use ECG Power App to buy Credit
- Install the ECG power App from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Create a new account on the ECG ghana power app with your Email, phone number, and password.
- Go to the right side bottom and add your meter details by clicking on the (+) sign
- You can then proceed to add the second meter (if you have any).
- Choose the top-up module to top up your balance.
- Choose the pay Bills Module to pay Bills for your postpaid meter.
- Confirm the payment via mobile money.
Code for buying prepaid
the code for buying prepaid when your credit has run out. is just like
sending money on your phone through a USSD short code. But for the ECG prepaid you dial this code *226# on your phone, 3 options will be presented, select option 1, Enter your meter number and follow the other prompts to top up your meter.
Epower is a smartphone application that makes it easy to buy prepaid and postpaid electricity and water across the country.
To get started, enter your meter ID and the amount you wish to buy into the app. The Epower credit purchase is automated, and there are teams ready to assist you if you have any issues. When you run out of credit, it’s handy to get your light and water restored.
How To buy ECG Prepaid With Mobile Money On Epower
- To begin, download the app. Google Play Store is where you can get the app.
- After that, launch the app and create a new user account.
- Fill out your Full Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and Password.
- After that, pick prepaid, and you’ll be prompted to input the meter’s ID, the amount you wish to buy, the meter’s owner, and the city/town where the meter is situated.
- After that, provide the essential information and complete the procedure. When everything goes smoothly, your meter will be topped up, and you will be able to utilize it.
Users may now purchase power credit for smart prepaid meters using E-Prepaid. E-Prepaid allows customers to purchase power credit at any time of day.
The software aims to alleviate the hassle that Prepaid customers have before regaining electricity. This app’s installation and registration are simple and straightforward.
- First, get the app here
- To get started, follow the app’s instructions.
How To Register For The ECG Power App And Buy Prepaid Units
It’s time to register and utilize the ECG Power app when you’ve successfully downloaded and installed it on your Android smartphone. To register for the ECG Power mobile app, follow these prompts:
- Open the app on your phone and tap it. The signup screen for ECG Prepaid
- In the first box, type your email address.
- Type your phone number in the text box.
- Enter your password next.
- Double-check your password.
- Go over the terms and conditions and accept the terms of the ECG
- To accept the terms and conditions, click the tiny button.
Finally, press the Register button.
You may be asked to store your password after clicking Register.
Click Save to save the password to your phone, making it easier to log in to the app.
That is all there is to it. On your Android phone, you have successfully enrolled for the ECG Power mobile app.
On Your Android Phone, Here’s How To Login To The ECG Power App
Before you can use the ECG Power app, you must first register and install the app on your Android device.
If you’ve already finished the registration and installation processes, you may log in to the app by following these steps:
Login to the ECG Power App
- Open the app on your phone and tap it.
- Type in the email address you used to sign up for the app.
- After that, type in your password.
- Log in by using the Login button.
- You’ll then be sent to the app’s home screen, which will display various icons demonstrating what you can do with it.
- That’s right, it’s that simple.
- Your ECG Power app is open and you’re logged in. On your meter, you may now purchase prepaid credit.
If you enjoyed this article on how to purchase electricity on ECG prepaid meter app, please share, subscribe to our newsletter, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google News, and Instagram for more
How can i buy prepaid from ECG app?
Download the app, create an account, add your meter...
Can you buy ECG prepaid with mobile money?
Yes, you can. try here
How do i buy prepaid electricity with my phone?
Go on Google Play or AppStore to download the App
What is the short code for ECG prepaid?
For non-smartphone users, you can dial *226# on all networks and follow the prompts.