Africa Needs More Female Entrepreneurs to take up the challenge
The tech industry needs more women and we cannot hide the fact that when it comes to Africa, there aren’t enough women in the tech world. The lack of support for especially female entrepreneurs can sometimes be a reason not many women in Ghana are pursuing entrepreneurship as a career. Despite this, some female entrepreneurs are making it big in entrepreneurship in Ghana. We can’t help but acknowledge their efforts and contribution to Ghana’s tech ecosystem
This list is not in an order of priority
- Ivy Barley ( Founder, Developers in Vogue)
Developers In Vogue is a tech community that aims at creating a relevant community of amazing African women who are passionate about using technology to revolutionize Africa and beyond.
- How to top up prepaid meter using the ECG app
- Mtn Ayoba app, the chat app for Africa
- How to transfer money from mtn momo to Back account
- Facebook room video Conference App to challenge zoom
- Akosua Annobil ( Founder, AfricaBiz2020 & TechInGhana)
Tech in Ghana (TIG) is a leading platform bringing together Ghana’s Tech Ecosystem for global knowledge sharing, valuable networking, and to showcase innovation. Quoted on their website This event takes place twice in a year in Accra & London
- Ethel Cofie ( Founder, Edeltechnology & WomenTechAfrica )
- Regina Honu ( CEO, Soronko Academy, Soronko Foundation & TechNeedsGirls )
SORONKO ACADEMY a coding and design school for children and young adults.
- Jemila Abdulai ( Founder, Circumspecte )
Circumspecte is a digital platform and company dedicated to capturing meaningful insights, teaching digital skills, spurring interaction and inspiring creative action.
Last on the list of Top female entrepreneurs in Ghana
- Alice Mamaga ( Co-Founder, Autism Ambassadors Of Ghana)
Alice Mamaga is a digital social entrepreneur who founded an NGO to help children with AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER. The Autism Ambassador of Ghana is an NGO that has called upon volunteers and individuals to create more awareness on Autism and also have the mission to help improve the lives of children through the use of technology,
- The Future of Banking In Ghana
- Ecommerce Business Is Booming In Ghana And Here’s Why
- Taxi services that are alternative to Uber in Ghana
Who is the youngest entrepreneur in Ghana?
The tech industry needs more women and we cannot hide the fact that when it comes to Africa, there aren’t enough women in the tech world. The lack of support for especially female entrepreneurs can sometimes be a reason not many women in Ghana are pursuing entrepreneurship as a career but there youngest female entrepreneurs in Ghana who are taking entrepreneurship to a great height; Ivy Barley, Akosua Annobil, Ethel Cofie, Regina Honu…