About 12 million have gone through the printing process, according to the National Identification Authority(NIA). This is good news because an increasing number of Ghanaians are getting their Ghana Cards, which are becoming increasingly essential for a variety of purposes.
However, there has been no way to check the details on your Ghana Card until you have got it. You can see the simplest statistics, but what about all the other data that has been saved?
Ghana card registration
It’s crucial to understand this detail because it’s stored on the card, and if there’s a mistake, it’ll most likely spread to other services you use the Ghana Card for.
We’ve found a way for you to use your mobile to validate all of the details on your Ghana Card. In reality, you can tell whether or not your card is real.
This demands that your phone has a Near Field Communication capability. iPhones from 6 to 12, including the iPhone SE, are popular phones that support the service. This guide will also fit with the Google Pixel 2, Pixel 3, and Pixel 4 smartphones. It also works on most android phones out there, especially phones that support NFC.
How to Check If your Ghana Card is Ready
If you have a smartphone with a Near Field Communication (NFC) feature, please follow these steps to read your NIA Ghana Card,
- Go to App Store (for IOS) for Apple iPhone users Or the Google Play Store for Android users.
- Download the ReadID NFC Application for Android or IOS
- Enable the NFC function after you download
- Click on ‘Get Started’
- The next screen will ask ‘what kind of document do you want to use’ here select ID CARD or PASSPORT
- Use your phone camera to read the Passport MRZ at the back of your card (it’s the characters at the bottom of the back of your card) and keep it in focus until it fills the window. It turns green when the Card Access Number (CAN) has been extracted.
- Place your Ghana card on the NFC zone of your phone and move slowly till it starts to read.
- All the e-passport details on your Ghana Card will show on your phone.
- You have successfully verified the details of your Ghana Card.
If you follow the steps carefully, you should end up with something similar to the picture below. That is everything there is to it. You can now use your mobile to verify the authenticity of your NIA Ghana Card.
How do i check if my NIA Ghana card is valid?
1. Go to App Store (for IOS) Apple phone owners. Or the Google Play Store for Android phone users. 2. Download the ReadID NFC Application for Android or IOS 3. Enable NFC function after you download 4. Click on ‘Get Started’ 5. The next screen will ask ‘what kind of document do you want to use’ here select ID CARD or PASSPORT
how can i find my Ghana card number?
To find your Ghana card number look on the card to spot the PIN for Ghanaians starts with the code “GHA” followed by ten digits “GHA-000000000-0
can i register ghana card online?
To get registered for Ghana card online. You can visit NIA officail website here https://register.nia.gov.gh/