Mtn Turbonet router is an alternative for getting access to the internet at faster and at cheaper rates at your homes. Unlike MTN’s already existing fiber broadband, this is a cheap source made available for all.
MTN’s turbonet a plug-and-play high-speed 4G device has been around for 2 years now and can be found at all MTN stores across the country.
How And where to buy the MTN Turbonet
Buying the MTN Turbonet is easy, walk-in any MTN Service Centre with GHS 500 for a one-time cost. You get a free MTN 4G sim card with comes with 5GB of data valid for 6 months.
Also note that even though you’re giving a free mtn 4G sim, you will still have to register the sim card in the Mtn turbonet router for it to work.
Please remember to register your sim card even if you’re purchasing at MTN Service Center and those who prefer buying them online, you will have to provide details for your card to be registered.
Benefits of MTN Turbonet
- Free 5GB of data upon registration or activation
- Extra 5GB bonus data on top of recharging for the next 5 months after activation
- Unbeatable data plans are valid for 30 days with an option to rollover
- Super-high-speed and reliable internet connection
- External antenna to enhance internet connection
- Self-service accessible from the router
- Voice-enable feature for calls
How to set up the MTN Turbonet
The MTN Turbonet is a plug-and-play device, what this means is that you don’t require any software to install to use the device you just insert your sim card and connect the device to a power source or outlet.
Connecting to the Turbonet is easy, get enough data bundle, turn it on and the Wifi SSD pop on your device eg Phone, laptop, Tv or console click connect and that’s it.
How to bundle on MTN Turbonet
After you have purchased the Turbonet router at MTN Service Center or online the sim you registered with the turbonet. The number is then linked to the turbonet which allows you to buy a data bundle to the Turbonet router. Follow these steps to top up your Turbonet router with mobile money.
- Dial *170# for MTN mobile money options
- Select option 3 – Airtime and Bundles, then select MTN Broadband
- Enter your MTN Turbonet number
- Select your preferred package
- Confirm purchase
- You will receive a text message confirming your purchase
How to check your balance
You can check your MTN Turbonet balance anytime on your linked MTN number. Here are the steps to follow:
- Dial *5057# on your linked MTN Turbonet Number
- Select option 3 to check the balance
- Choose your account from the list
- You will receive the message indicating your data bundle is available with your bonus and airtime
All bundles bought via the MTN Turbonet from March 2020 will not expire.
Bundle Prices for MTN Turbonet
If you’re looking for the MTN Turbonet data bundles and prices in Ghana, Here are the prices and data
|DATA (GB)||Amount (GHS)|
MTN Turbonet data does not expire, this means any data bundle that is not finished or exhausted within the time frame will roll over to the new data bundle you have just purchased.
MTN TUrbonet Router Specs
|Type||Huawei Wifi Router with Ethernet Port|
|Chipset||HiSilicon LTE Cat6 Chipset|
|Data Rates||DL 300Mbps/UL 50Mbps|
|Supported 4G LTE Frequency bands||Huawei B612s-25d: B1/B3/B7/B8/B20/B38/B40/B41/B42/B43
|WLAN||802.11 b/g/n/ac, single-band 2.4GHz|
|Max supported users||32 users|
|MIMO||4 x 4 MIMO|
|Connector for external antenna||Two, SMA-female jacks|
|App management||Huawei Hilink APP|
|SIM Size||Micro SIM|
|Dimensions||240 x 155 x 78 mm|
|Interfaces||3 x LAN port (RJ45)
1 x LAN/WAN port (RJ45)
1 x telephone port (RJ11)
Two external LTE antenna ports (SMA-female)
One micro-SIM card slot
1 x USB 2.0 port
|Other features||Firewall, CS Voice, VoIP, VoLTE, IPv6/IPv4 dual-stack, NAT, DHCP, VPN, DMZ, UPnP, ALG|
If you enjoyed this article on please share this article, it will go a long way for us. Also, subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google News, and Instagram for more