It is simple to communicate with everyone in a group chat without having to manually contact each individual.
Group chats can be used to send and receive messages, videos, and even audio and video calls.
Snapchat offers a group chats option, just like most social media sites.
Snapchat is a very popular smartphone app that allows users to take and send “Snaps”, which are nothing but photos or short videos.
The distinctive feature of Snapchat is that it deletes the messages as soon as the receiver views them (1 to 10 seconds after viewing).
While traditionally Snapchat is a person-to-person messaging application, you can also make group chats on Snapchat.
With Group Chats, you can message or chat with a bunch of friends or family at the same time.
If you are wondering how to make a group chat on Snapchat, then this guide is for you.
This article explains how to make a group chat on Snapchat so you can message groups of friends.
Snapchat and Group Chat.
The Snapchat app is undoubtedly a front-runner if there is a fun way to communicate with your loved ones.
You can send photographs and videos using Snapchat to the contacts on your contact list.
With the aid of filters, lenses, emoticons, and numerous other photo and video effects, you can customize your “Snaps.”
As the name implies, a group chat function lets you talk to multiple people at once and is available in a number of messaging programs.
Think of having a weekend family party or a get-together with your college friends.
You can just create a Group Chat and talk with everyone at once rather than messaging each individual person to say that you want to be a part of the gathering/conversation.
How to make a group on Snapchat?
- Tap the chat bubble in the top-right corner of the Friends screen
- Tap ‘New Group’ and select the group members you want to add
- Name the Snapchat group and tap ‘Chat with Group’ to finish
How to Make a Group Chat on Snapchat?
Let’s move on to learning how to create a Snapchat group chat. The process is very easy to follow.
- Look for Snapchat App on your smartphone (either iPhone or Android Phone) and open it.
- Tap the text or speech bubble icon located at the bottom, next to the capture button, in the Snap Tab. The “Friends” tab will then be displayed. By just swiping right on the Snap Tab, you may also access the “Friends” tab.
- Now, you will see a text bubble or speech bubble with a pen in the top right corner of the Friends tab screen. Tap on this icon.
- This will open a “New Chat” window. Just below the “To:” section, you can see a “New Group” option. Tap on it.
- Rename the group chat by taping the edit option next to the “New Group” at the top.
- Now, in the “To:” just below the group chat’s name, add the names of your friends that you want to add to the group chat. You can either start typing their names (first name or username) or select the name from the list just below.
- Add all the friends you want to participate in the Snapchat group chat. As of now, Snapchat allows up to 63 members in a single group chat.
- After adding all the friends to the group, tap on the “Chat with Group” at the bottom.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully created a group chat on Snapchat.
What Can You Do in Group Chat?
It’s time to use Snapchat’s group chat function to interact with your friends and family now that you know how to create one.
Chatting with the other group members in a Snapchat group chat is the first and most obvious thing you can do.
Like ordinary Snapchat messages, group chat messages are likewise destroyed after a set period of time (24 hours).
Without Snaps, what would Snapchat be? You can share Snaps, or pictures or videos, in the group chat so that everyone can see them.
With the group’s members, you can hold a group video call on Snapchat.
Sadly, as of right present, Snapchat only allows 15 participants to participate in a single group video chat.
However, being able to video call all of your loved ones at once (or up to 15 of them) is a very helpful tool.
You set aside a certain location for a meeting with the group’s members.
What if they are unable to locate this place? Not to worry.
You can use the Snap Map function in Snapchat Group Chat to reveal your location with the group.
How to Manage Your Snapchat Group Chat?
Add More People
Using our “How to Make a Group Chat on Snapchat” section, you were able to start a new group chat on Snapchat.
You neglected to include somebody in this group.
You’re now pondering if you can include a new member in the Snapchat group.
Yes, is the response.
You can add more members to the group if the total doesn’t exceed the Snapchat-imposed thresholds.
To open the Friends or Chat tab from the Snap Tab, click the speech bubble or swipe right.
The group you made is visible here.
Select “Add Members to Group” by tapping and holding this group chat.
You can now include other friends in the group.
Change the Group Name
You can give the group chat a new name on Snapchat.
To do this, tap the speech bubble on the Snap Tab or slide to the right on the Snap Tab.
Go to the list and select your group chat.
Hold down the group chat button while choosing “Edit Group Name” from the menu.
Leave the Group
Want to leave a Snapchat group? It is incredibly easy.
Click the speech bubble on the Snap Tab or swipe right from the camera screen (Snap Tab).
The talks will then start.
Locate the group you want to leave from the list.
Select “Leave Group” after tapping and holding that group
On Snapchat, you may video chat with up to 16 pals at once and create a group chat with up to 63 of your friends.
Sending a conversation has the same effect as sending regular Snaps in that it lowers your score. In terms of your score, sending Snaps to groups is much the same as sending them to a single recipient.
“Please leave your comments. Let’s us know what you think, this helps us improve our next article”